Fort Moroni, 1881 (Palace of the Governors Photo Archives)

Button Historic photos of Fort Moroni
from They Came to the Mountain by Platt Cline
(courtesy Palace of the Governors Photo Archives of Santa Fe Nuevo Mexico)

Button Another photo of Fort Moroni
Fort Moroni, built by John W. Young in 1881 as a timber camp to supply ties for the railroad. Because of reports of Apache raids, he built a stockade style structure. When it became headquarters for the Arizona Cattle Company, it became (renamed) Fort Rickerson (AHS-NAD NAU Cline Library Photo Archive)


Flagstaff, 1908 (AHS-NAD NAU Cline Library Photo Archive)
click for larger panoramic image
(courtesy AHS-NAD NAU Cline Library Photo Archive, Flagstaff)

NAU Cline Library Image Database


Rio de Flag Home